A Telstra Webmail service is a broadband supplier with a web based Telstra webmail service in Australia. Within Telstra webmail, sending and receiving messages are accessible, no matter where you are. The only thing you need is an internet connection with a desktop, laptop, smartphone, tablet, or iPad.
The company, formerly known as BigPond, was established in 1996. With more than 10,000 employees and over two million users, it is now one of Australia’s largest internet service providers.
Access Telstra webmail
Getting access to Bigpond Telstra requires login details. You can use the webmail instead of using the webmail in your browser. Alternatively, you can set up an email program like Outlook or Apple Mail. There are different settings for these programs. IMAP, POP3 and outgoing SMTP settings can be found below.
Email is your own private box that holds all your mail. Obviously, you don’t want your emails containing private information to be read by anyone. While traveling to or from outside your country, you can open your email and also browse the internet using public WiFi connections. A public hotspot doesn’t offer an encrypted connection to the internet. Anything you do while you’re at the hotspot will be seen by the hotspot owner (browsing, email). This is something you don’t want.
Therefore, Telstra offers you a secure webmail service that keeps your private information safe.
Ios and Android Setting
The Telstra email client can be used on any device, including smartphones, tablets, desktop computers, and laptops, if you choose not to use your browser. For setting up your mobile device for webmail, it is advisable to use the correct settings.
There are a variety of servers used by America’s broadband providers for webmail. A webmail account can be accessed using any email client, whether it is iOS, Android, or Windows based. It’s really simple. You just get in touch with your broadband provider for an email address and password. Look below for information and assistance with the installation.
How To Create A Telstra Webmail Account
The following steps will help you to get registered yourself for the account in.telstra.com. Let’s get started!
- Open this link https://id.telstra.com.au/register on your browser.
- Next, type the email address you wish to use to log into your telstra account.
- Now enter the password in the password box and type again the same to confirm it.
- Going ahead, you are supposed to type confidential details including first and last name, date of birth and contact number. Through this information, you get frequent updates.
- Lastly, hit the “continue” button.
How To Login Into A Telstra Webmail
In order to get access to a Telstra big pond webmail account, you need to carry out the following steps.
- Open the browser, and navigate to the login page of Telstra through this link. www.my.telstra.com.au
- In the first empty field under the username, type your correct username.
- Now type the right password in the password field.
- For the Telstra Executive account, you are supposed to type the Business ID.
- In the end, hit the “login” button to proceed further.
How To Use Third Party Email Account To Login Telstra Account
It is cool to know that the Telstra log in account is easily accessible through third party email programs like Mailbird, Outlook and others. But it is important to know that IMAP and SMTP settings need to be set up properly in order to avoid any difficulty.
Below is given the perfect settings for IMAP and SMTP Server Setting for Telstra Mail.
Telstra Mail IMAP Server Setting
- IMAP Server: imap.telstra.com
- IMPA Port: 993
- IMAP Security: SSL
- IMAP Username: complete email address
- IMAP Password: accurate password
Telstra Mail SMTP Server Setting
- SMTP Server:smtp.telstra.com
- SMTP Port: 465
- SMTP Security: SSL
- SMTP Username: complete email address
- SMTP Password: accurate password
The above setting will help to make login easy.
Login Issues With Telstra Webmail Account
It is pretty common to face issues while login in telstra com account. But there is nothing to worry at all. Follow the simple steps given below and you are ready to go.
- Check your internet connection as a strong connection is the essential item to get access to your webmail account.
- The second most important thing to know is to make sure you have typed the exact information including username and password.
- Ensure that your device has the perfect setting whatever device you’re using such as android, PC, and iPhone.
- You can always reset the password if you forget it.
How To Reset the Forgotten Password
It is common among internet users that they are prone to forget their passwords sooner or later. But thanks to the reset option which makes it easy to recover the password.
- Visit this link and open in your browser.
- Hit the “Forgot” option which is written next to the password field.
- You will see a form where you are required to type either your username or Business ID if you used it during registration.
- Follow the instructions and hit the “continue” button to finish the resetting.
- Congratulations! Your new password is reset and you are ready to login.
How To Setup My Telstra Mail on Windows Live Mail
The following instructions will help you add your Telstra email address to Windows Live Mail:
- Launch Windows Live Mail
- Choose Email from the Account toolbar.
- Add Telstra Mail details into your account:
- You should enter the email address and password for your Telstra account here.
- Under Display name you can enter the name you wish to appear on emails (usually your own name).
- Then tick the box next to Manually configure server settings .
- The server needs to be configured.
- Information about the incoming server:
- Choose IMAP for the drop-down box titled ‘My incoming mail server is a’
- The incoming server should be set to imap.telstra.com
- Enter 993 as the Port.
- Ensure that ‘SSL’ has been ticked on this server
- The Log on using drop-down box enables users to choose Clear text authentication.
- To login with your Telstra email enter your e-mail address
- Server information for outgoing messages:
- Enter smtp.telstra.com for Outgoing server
- Enter 465 as the port number.
- The tickbox ‘This server requires a secure connection (SSL)’ must be selected.
- Ensure the option “My outgoing server requires authentication” is selected.
- Click Next, and now your email should be active.
- Then choose Finish.
How To Setup My Telstra Mail on Outlook
To add my mail com.au into outlook, you need to follow these steps.
- Start Microsoft Outlook.
- To set up your account, select Account Settings on the Info tab.
- Create a new email account by clicking the New button.
- You can also choose ‘Manual setup or additional server types’ and then press Next.
- Choose IMAP and then click Next.
- Enter your full name and your Telstra email address in User Information.
- Put your Telstra email address and password in the Log On information section.
- Turn off the Secure Password Authentication (SPA) box.
- Information about the server should be updated:
- Enter IMAP as the Account type.
- Enter the following IMAP server: imap.telstra.com
- Please enter the following information for Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.telstra.com.
- If you click Mail to keep offline (by default: all), it will become an offline mailbox.
- Make sure More Settings is selected.
- You can access the Outgoing Server tab by selecting it.
- Choose the checkbox Authentication required for my outgoing SMTP server.
- The ‘Use the same settings as my incoming mail’ option should be selected.
- You can change the server port number by selecting Advanced and under Server Port Numbers:
- Please enter the following information for Incoming server: 993
- In the drop down box next to ‘Use the following encryption’ choose SSL.
- Please enter the following information for Outgoing server (SMTP): 465
- To choose the method of encryption, select SSL from the drop-down box
- Click on Next and then Ok.
- It will then check your email settings. When it finishes, click Close.
- Now that your Telstra email address has been added, select Finish.
How To Setup My Telstra Mail on Mac
It offers both options including automatic and manual set-up along with the email details you may need to know.
The following steps will help you add a Telstra my mail com au address to MacMail:
- Choose Mail from the Apple menu, then choose Preferences
- Choose the + icon from the ‘Accounts’ tab.
- You need to sign in by providing your name, Telstra email address, and password.
- The new email should be added successfully after you click Done.
But if you fail to set up automatically:
- The next step is to manually enter the Telstra email address.
- Use the following setting: Manual configuration settings
- Type of account: IMAP
- The incoming email servers are: imap.telstra.com
- Email server for outgoing (SMTP) email: smtp.telstra.com Incoming Mail Security
- Make sure a secure connection is used: Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- Server for Outgoing Mail: Password
- The email server for outgoing emails is smtp.telstra.com
- Authentication: Enabled Outgoing Mail Security
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) is recommended: Checked
- The Authentication: Password Account Summary
- Check your account online: Checked
- Click on Create. Your new email should now be linked.
How do I fix a problem with my Telstra Mail?
With its “Smart Troubleshooting” tool, Telstra efficiently diagnoses any errors and fixes them on the spot, no work is lost. Also fixes problems with sending or receiving for MS Outlook, Mac Mail and Windows Mail.
You can access the Smart Troubleshooting tool by visiting https://fix.telstra.com/. Besides setting up, fixing, and managing services, it can also collect data and keep records as well. Additional online diagnostic tests are conducted by Telstra to determine the problem and resolve your query on the spot. When the problem does not have a good fix, don’t try and fix it yourself. Leave it to the professionals.
Follow the following procedure:
- Use your Bigpond email ID or Telstra ID to sign in.
- Get a Telstra ID by registering online.
- ”I need the initial guidline that include testing”
Are you unable to access your email account? Are you in need of professional help? To get the quick response, contact Bigpond customer care. The Telstra contact team will resolve your issues within no time.
Moreover, you can call at Telstar number. The telstra customer service number is 1 (877) 835-7872.
You can also check Vodafone Webmail
Backup Telstra Bigpond Emails to Computer
Users can back up their webmail telstra emails on the hard drive quickly and easily using the Telstra webmail backup solution. This is a reliable and useful tool that works on all types of Windows and Server systems. Because of its amazing functionalities, the solution is well-known in the online marketplace and has great proficiency. There is an intuitive interface to the application that allows users to grasp its workings in a straightforward manner. Saving Telstra emails to a hard drive on your own is possible without any technical know-how. You can easily transfer Telstra emails into your computer by installing Telstra mail backup software.
The BitRecover Telstra bigpond Email Back-up software is recommended as the best and most cost-effective solution for business continuity and disaster recovery.
Create Telstra Email Backup in Multiple Ways
Telstra offers several options for restoring Telstra emails with the Telstra Webmail restoration tool.
Different Email Formats
By selecting these standard email formats, one can download Telstra Webmail emails to their computer with this software. You can backup Telstra Webmail to PST, Telstra Webmail to MSG, Telstra Webmail to EML, Telstra Webmail to EMLX, Telstra Webmail to MBOX, Telstra Webmail to PDF, Telstra Webmail to HTML, Telstra Webmail to MHT, Telstra Webmail to XPS, Telstra Webmail to RTF, Telstra Webmail to DOC, Telstra Webmail to CSV, Telstra Webmail to Zip.
Save Telstra Webmail Backup Data To Email Clients
Using this tool you can backup your emails in Telstra Webmail Solutions to your email client of choice. Telstra emails can easily be downloaded into Windows Live Mail, Lotus Notes, Thunderbird, etc.
Telstra Mail Backup To Cloud-Services
By using this tool, users can convert and back up their documents from Telstra Webmail to Gmail, Telstra Webmail to Outlook.com, Telstra Webmail to Yahoo,Telstra Webmail to G Suite, Telstra Webmail to Office365 etc.
A leading provider of mobile and broadband services in Australia, Telstra offers numerous services to its customers throughout the country. Telstra offers you all the options you need to reach them no matter if you need technical support, customer support, or billing services.
You can contact them through telstra contact number and telstra live chat at any time. The telstra contact phone number is 1800 068 424.